Welcome to Pest Animal Lexington! We are a wildlife removal company servicing Lexington, KY.
If you're on the hunt for a wildlife removal company that is not only friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced, but also absolutely equipped for the job, you've come to the right place. We are one of the most successful wildlife professional organizations in your area, and there's a reason for that — we go above and beyond the call of duty for our customers, making sure that the entire job is finished properly, even going as far as to prevent ANY future animals from being able to enter your home.
Being a family-run company, we understand the urgency for a removal operative when you have pests and kids or pets in the same building, and that's exactly why we offer same-day and next-day appointments for those really urgent cases, such as a snake in the bathroom or a rat in the bedroom.
Our friendly advisors answer the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in the event that you don't require an operative to come and offer assistance, we will give you all the advice you could need to get the job done safely.
For all of your wildlife removal concerns, give us a call today for a free quote. With all the latest training and state-of-the-art equipment, there's no job too big or small, and no animal obstacle we can't help you overcome. Call us now at 859-305-9059 for your Lexington wildlife control needs.
About Pest Animal Lexington and Our Services:
Exclusion is the best way to keep your home free from unwelcome visitors. In order to do this, you will need to close all areas that mice can use to gain entry. Mice are very small and can enter through spaces that you did not even know were there. You can set live traps against the walls and in areas where you have detected mouse droppings. Once they have been caught, you can remove them and release them outside of your home. Don't forget to check for babies. If you do find baby mice, eliminate them along with the mother. Once your house has been completely relieved of mice make sure that you close up any additional entry points.
· You can install a one-way exclusion funnel that leads from the main entry point that the mice are using. You will need to make sure that all other options have been closed off. Once the mouse has left it will be unable to come back inside. You can remove any babies that are present and seal off the remaining opening.
· If you have decided to kill the mouse that has taken up residence there are humane ways to accomplish this. The most humane way would be to use an electric trap. Once the mouse steps on the plate inside the trap it will complete the circuit and a sharp jolt electricity will be sent through the mouse. This is a painless way you kill unwanted critters and does not leave them to suffer. It is also relatively painless for you as you can just tip the dead mouse into a garbage bag. You never have to handle it and will minimize contamination.
There are ways to ensure that your house is less attractive to mice.
· Make sure that there aren't any dripping pipes. By eliminating their source of water, it will force them to go outside in order to find another. They will build their nests close to a reliable water source to ensure they do not have to wander far for a drink.
· Do not leave doors and windows open. This seems arbitrary, but in summer people frequently leave doors open when they are aware of a mouse problem in their area.
· Seal your garbage can to limit the access that mice have to food. They do not need vast quantities of food per day and will be able to find all the need in your trash. By locking your garbage cans, you are cutting off a steady supply of food.
· Cut branches that hang in close proximity to your home. Rats can use these as runways that lead to your open windows.
· This should go without saying, but the dirtier your home is the more it will attract mice. If your house is clean and neat, there will be no food for the mice to eat and there will be nowhere for them to build a nest.